Music for Historic Arkansas Museum on December 2, 2012
Two American Civil War Songs:
· Aura Lee, (1861), music by George R. Poulton and lyrics by W. W. Fosdick
· Ashokan Farewell, (© 1983) by Jay Ungar, theme from PBS series, THE CIVIL WAR.
Music by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759):
Music harmonized by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750):
· In Dulci Jubilo [In the Lord Rejoicing]
Three Renaissance dances arranged for recorders by Steve Rosenberg:
· Bransles de Champagne, by Claude Gervaise, 16th century.
· Galliarde au joly bois, by Pierre Phalese, 16th century.
· Galliarde d’Ecosse, by Pierre Phalese, 16th century.
Three pieces by William Grant Still (May 11, 1895 – December 3, 1978), who in 1911 (age 16), graduated from M.W. Gibbs High School in Little Rock:
· All That I Am
· Ring Play
· Sing! Shout! Tell the Story!
Seasonal Christmas carols:
· Greensleeves, traditional English folk song (poss. Henry VIII of England, 1500’s)
· God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen, (probably late 17th century or 18th century)
· Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, words by Charles Wesley in 1739 and music by Felix Mendelssohn.
Sheet music arranged for piano and available in the Historic Arkansas Museum Gift Shop:
· Arkansas Traveler (Arranged by William Cumming and published in 1847.)
· The Rackinsac Waltz (Arranged by William Cumming and published in 1847.)