Study abroad offers you a unique and valuable experience—the opportunity not only to study, but also to immerse yourself in another country and culture, thus expanding your view of the world. While working to fulfill major and minor coursework requirements, you also have an unparalleled opportunity to acquire firsthand knowledge of another culture, develop or improve fluency in another language, and gain a global perspective. Your time abroad will be full of vivid and amazing experiences that you will remember for the rest of your life, no matter where you choose to go. Programs Abroad also encourages UALR students to get involved on campus.
- Exchange Student Mentor Program: Now taking Applications
- Semester/Year Programs: UALR offers a number of exchange programs around the world. Students pay UALR tuition and fees while studying abroad at one of our partner institutions. OIS maintains direct relationships with many institutions abroad to ensure students are traveling safely and getting credits transferred while keeping it affordable.
- Faculty-Led Programs: UALR offer students faculty-led, short-term study abroad programs that last anywhere from one to eight weeks. Students have the opportunity to earn UALR credit hours which apply towards their degree program.
- UALR Summer Programs: Summer semester study abroad programs are available in many countries. Additionally, each summer the Department of International and Second Language Studies at UALR leads 4 summer language programs typically in Costa Rica, Spain, France, and Germany.
- Post-Graduation Opportunities: UALR encourages students to continue exploring different cultures from around the world while on campus and even after graduation, by promoting opportunities such as mentoring exchange students, as well as working, volunteering and interning internationally. There are several different and unique options to explore.
Study Abroad Information Sessions
Information Sessions are offered every other Tuesday in the Office of International Services. Sessions will take place on the second and fourth Tuesday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm..
International Students: if you are an international student who is interested in applying to study at UALR, please click here.
Passport: Your Ticket to the World
If you plan on ever traveling outside of the U.S., either for an academic program or simply for fun, obtaining your passport is a crucial step. Let’s face it–you can’t leave ‘home’ without it! So why not apply for your passport now–it will give you one less thing to worry about while preparing for your experience abroad, and it is valid for 10 years. For information, please visit travel.state.gov.